“Empowering Creative Minds”If you are interested in any of the art featured on this site, please contact us!
See the Local Art tab for art featuring scenes of Oxford.
All images and graphic art are property of individual artists and/or the OAG. None may be reproduced, copied, or printed without written authorization.
Tuesday, January 24, 2017
A meet and greet the artists' reception will be held Saturday,
February 11 from 2 - 3:30.
Stan O'Dell, local figure artist will be demonstrating his techniques at 2:15.
The public is invited to attend.
The annual Youth Art Exhibition will be held at the Powerhouse during the month of March.
Yoknapatawpha Arts Council
and Oxford Artists’ Guild
1. One entry per student, Preschool to High School Senior. All works must be submitted with a completed application.
2. Must be resident of the city of Oxford or Lafayette County and/or attend a local school (OUS, Regents, Oxford City School District, Lafayette County Schools, Magnolia Montessori).
3. All works must be framed and ready to hang with sturdy hooks. Unframed works will not be accepted.
4. Studio and Gallery Style canvases do not have to be framed, but must have a sturdy wire attached for hanging.
The Powerhouse will not attach your hanging hardware to the back of your frame. As an artist, you
are responsible for having the work ready for hanging. If you have questions regarding
presentation, contact the Powerhouse at 662-236-6429.
5. Drop off date is Friday, March 3rd from 9 am – 5 pm. Early or late drop offs will not be accepted.
6. Artwork will be judged based on age categories. Prizes will be awarded with emphasis on originality.
7. Reception and announcement of awards will be made on Tuesday, March 28 from 6-8 at the Powerhouse in conjunction with the Art Crawl.
8. Works are to be picked up on Monday, April 3rd between 9 am – 5 pm.
9. All work must be committed for the duration of the show - March 3rd– April 3rd
10. YAC and the Oxford Artists’ Guild assumes no responsibility for work lost or broken, however, every precaution will be taken to ensure the safety of work from delivery to pick up.
11. Photographs of your work may be posted on YAC or the artists’ guild website.
Click here for further rules and entry form or visit oxfordarts.com.